The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is an all India Common Entrance Examination conducted to provide admission in various engineering courses. After an announcement by CBSE in 2012, the entrance examination is being conducted into two parts, JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Candidates who clear IIT JEE main examination are eligible to appear for IIT JEE advance which provides and entry to IITs.
Around 13 lakh students appeared for JEE Main 2014 examination. The examination is conducted jointly by IIT Guwahati, IIT Roorkee, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Delhi and IIT Bombay. As per news sources, this year tentative date schedule for IIT-JEE 2018 has been released by IIT Bombay. However, the official announcement from the IIT council is awaited. The tentative schedule will help students to keep pace with updates related to admissions.
JEE Main 2018 Detail :-
- Name of Exam – Joint Entrance Examination Main 2018
- Exam Level – All India Level
- Mode of Apply – Online
- Exam Mode :- Online / Offline
- Conducting body – CBSE, New Delhi
JEE Main Admission Criteria :-
- Candidate should have completed either his/her higher secondary examination in science with mathematics or completed a diploma courses from any UGC/AICTE certified college / university.
- Candidates who have passed in 2013 or 2014 with four subjects cannot apply.
- Candidates are allowed to appear for JEE Main for maximum three times.
- He/She must have scored marks (greater than the cut off marks), which are required to apply for a particular college.
Age Qualification :-
- Candidates should not be born before 1st October 1990 to be eligible for JEE main 2018.
- Age relaxation of 5 year will also be there for SC/ST/PwD candidates and such candidates should be born before 1st Oct 1985.
- Date of birth will be considered only which is mentioned in Board certificate or any university certificate.
JEE Main Application Fees :-
- Candidates have to pay Rs.1000 for offline mode and Rs.600 for online mode of exam.
- On opting for paper 1 and 2 both, candidate need to pay Rs.1800 and Rs.1400 respectively.
- JEE Main 2018 Application Fees can be paid through offline mode or online mode.
- For Offline mode submission of e-challan at the bank.
- Online mode includes payment through cards or online payment mode.
Instruction To Apply Online
- First need to visit official website or click given below link.
- Then Enter your email ID, required details and educational qualification.
- Enter your proper address, contact number and other details.
- Choose the exam center, exam mode (online or offline).
- Upload scanned images of signature and photograph in due resolution.
- Submit the Application Form of JEE Main and pay the fees online or offline.
- After submit, take its printout and preserve it for future use.