आयुष्मान भारत Ayaushman Bharat Programe 2018, The government has announced to launch a big flagship scheme called ‘Ayushman Bharat’ in the budget. The National Health Protection Scheme announced by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley On the second day on Friday, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley briefed the reporters about the various aspects of the National Health Protection Scheme in response to a question in the open house meeting.
- 1 Ayaushman Bharat Medical Program 2018
- 2 How will the plan apply?
- 3 When will the plan apply?
- 4 Where will free treatment?
- 5 What about the rest of the families?
- 6 Did the plan get enough funds?
- 7 Two schemes under ‘Ayushman Bharat’
- 8 2. Health and Wellness Center
- 9 Campaign against TB
- 10 National Health Protection Scheme:
Ayaushman Bharat Medical Program 2018
How will the plan apply?
The Finance Minister said that the National Health Protection Scheme, which is also being called Modi Care, will work on the Trust model or insurance model. He dismissed the possibility of the Reimber’s model saying that there are many messes in it. That is, the poor patients taking benefit of the scheme will be insured and their cashless treatment will be done. By taking treatment with the expenses of the first person, the government will not have to worry about getting the money up to Rs five lakh.
When will the plan apply?
In the open house, Jaitley said that the new plan will be applicable from the beginning of the new financial year i.e. April 1, 2018. That is, people of poor families will be able to get treatment free from April 1 to 5 lakh rupees.
Where will free treatment?
Finance Minister Jaitley said that under the scheme, poor families will be able to get treatment not only in the government but in private hospitals as well. He said that people in selected hospitals will be able to avail the scheme by getting cashless treatment.
What about the rest of the families?
Finance Minister Jaitley explained in the budget speech that later this scheme can be expanded and the rest of the country’s population can also be brought under its purview.
The government has allocated a sum of Rs 2,000 crore for this. It replaces the National Health Insurance Act, introduced in 2008 for the families below poverty line, which provided an insurance cover of 30,000 rupees annually.
Did the plan get enough funds?
Dr. Sunil Nandraj, former Advisor to the former Union Minister, said adequate allocation of Rs. 2,000 crore in terms of premium for health insurance of 10 crore families. However, National Convention Abhiya Shukla of the Jan Swasthya Abhiyan says that if the objective of this scheme is to give 50 crore people the benefit then the per capita premium will be 40 rupees.
Policy Commission’s hypothesis
Jaitley said that the policy commission has envisaged this plan. He said that the life-time workers in the health sector had given a presentation to him and then to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Jaitley said, “He gave the presentation of the Universal Healthcare Scheme. Since its cost was very high. That’s why we started with 100 million families instead of 25 crore, so that the plan could be implemented effectively.
In his election manifesto, BJP had promised to provide health cover to all, but after four years, it has taken steps to fulfill it. Experts believe that due to the election year, the government is focusing on the votes of the poor under this scheme. Experts are telling this plan very important, but there is doubt about how it will be implemented.
स्वास्थ्य एवं आरोग्य केंद्र
- भारत घरों के नजदीक 1.5 लाख स्वास्थ्य एवम आरोग्य केंद्र खोले जाएंगे|
- आयुष्मान भारत योजना के तहत इन केंद्रों में दवाएँ और जांच मैं भी जाएगी |
- आयुष्मान भारत योजना के लिए 12000 करोड़ रुपए निर्धारित बजट किया गया है|
राष्ट्रीय स्वास्थ्य सुरक्षा योजना
- इस योजना के अंतर्गत 10 करोड़ को लाभ दिया जाएगा|
- इस योजना के तहत प्रत्येक परिवार को 5 लाख तक की हॉस्पिटल का खर्च दिया जाएगा|
- इस योजना के तहत 24 नए सरकारी मेडिकल कॉलेज और हॉस्पिटल बनाए जाएंगे ताकि मैं मुफ्त इलाज किया जा सके|
Two schemes under ‘Ayushman Bharat’
1. Under the National Health Protection Scheme, providing health insurance cover up to Rs 5 lakh annually to 10 million poor families of the country. In the US, on the lines of Obama Care, Finance Minister Jaitley declared the National Health Protection Scheme as the world’s largest health care program. Jaitley said that this will benefit at least 50 million people. Sufficient amount will be provided for implementation of the scheme. Under the National Health Insurance Scheme, poor families get coverage of only 30 thousand rupees annually.
2. Health and Wellness Center
Opening more than 1.5 lakh health and wellness centers across the country, which will provide essential medicines and testing services for free. These centers will also have care for non-infectious diseases and maternal and child care. Not only this, in these centers, special training will also be provided for the treatment of lifestyle diseases, such as high blood pressure, diabetes and tension. The Government has made a provision of Rs. 1200 crores for this item. The government also wants the cooperation of the corporate to run these centers.
New medical colleges and hospitals
To ease the shortage of doctors in the country, 24 district hospitals will be upgraded and medical colleges and hospitals will be opened. The Finance Minister said that a medical college will be opened in every three parliamentary constituencies. Now, 67,000 MBBS and 31 thousand post graduate (PG) doctors are coming out from private and government medical colleges in the country every year. At AIIMS’s convocation, President Ramnath Kovind had said that this number of doctors for treatment in the country of 130 million people is very low.
Campaign against TB
In his budget speech, Jaitley said that the government has arranged Rs 500 per month for TB patients, for which a provision of Rs 600 crores has been made Ayaushman Bharat. Significantly, the government has targeted the elimination of TB by 2025 and many schemes have been started for this. India is one of the world’s countries where China has the most patients after TB. There are about 28 lakh new cases of TB every year and about 5 lakh patients die.
Extended somewhere, somewhere subtracted
In the budget, provision of Rs 2100 crores has been made for the control of HIV-AIDS and its treatment. The last time this amount was Rs. 2163 crores. Withdrawing this amount
Campaign against TB
In his budget speech, Ayaushman Bharat Jaitley said that the government has arranged Rs 500 per month for TB patients, for which a provision of Rs 600 crores has been made. Significantly, the government has targeted the elimination of TB by 2025 and many schemes have been started for this. India is one of the world’s countries where China has the most patients after TB. There are about 28 lakh new cases of TB every year and about 5 lakh patients die.
National Health Protection Scheme:
- Under this scheme, govt. will provide Rs. 5 lakh to each family.
- Subsequently, Ayaushman Bharat this mega Universal Health Protection Scheme will benefit 50 crore people across the entire nation.
- Accordingly, people can avail secondary and tertiary treatment in any hospitals using this financial assistance.
- In addition to this, central govt. is going to set-up 1.5 lakh health and wellness centers and community healthcare clinics under Bharat Ayushman Programme. For this programme, govt. will allocate Rs. 1200 crore and will also provide treatment for non-communicable diseases.
- Furthermore, govt. will also focus on including private enterprises to join the programme as a part of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Initiatives.
Extended somewhere, somewhere subtracted
इसके साथ ही वित्त मंत्री अरुण जेटली ने गुरुवार को देश में टीबी से पीड़ित रोगियों की पोषण संबंधी सहायता के लिए 600 करोड़ रुपये आवंटित किए। जेटली ने 2018-19 का बजट पेश करते हुए कहा, “टीबी रोगियों के पोषण के लिए सरकार ने सहायता स्वरूप 600 करोड़ रुपये की राशि आवंटित की है।”
उन्होंने कहा, “देश में जिन भी टीबी रोगियों का इलाज चल रहा है, उन्हें 500 रुपये दिए जाएंगे।”
सरकार ने स्वास्थ्य क्षेत्र में 24 नए सरकारी मेडिकल कॉलेजों की घोषणा भी की।
In the budget, provision of Rs 2100 crores Ayaushman Bharat has been made for the control of HIV-AIDS and its treatment. The last time this amount was Rs. 2163 crores. Experts are unhappy with the reduction in this amount. Similarly, funds for the schemes of family welfare have been reduced.
The government has proposed a total of Rs 52,800 crore for health in this budget. Last time the amount was Rs 48,300 crore.
1. Under the Mission Rainbow, 2.55 crore children of 528 districts were vaccinated against various diseases by December 15, 2017. Of these 67 lakh children were given all types of vaccines.
2. Prime Minister Bhartiya Jana Drugs Project provides quality medicines to the people at cheap prices. As of December 2017, 3,013 public drug centers are being run in Ayaushman Bharat all the states and four Union Territories.
3. India has the sixth place in 50 countries with middle income in terms of spending on health services with their own pockets. It is also important to emphasize the quality of the government health services of the country. Due to the lack of quality health services, 56 per cent urban and 49 per cent rural India treats them with huge amount in private hospitals.
What is the Expert?
Poonam Mutareja, executive director of the Population Foundation of India says that it will be difficult to control the population and run other schemes of family welfare. No allocation has been made this year to monitor the quality of medicines in the budget. This time, the Government has taken a big initiative to promote Angadan. Last time, Rs 9 crore was given in this item, while this time the provision of Rs 90 crore has been made. For the treatment of members of Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS), last time Rs. 1654 crores was arranged. This time the amount has been reduced to 1558.86 crores. Similarly, many more items have been reduced or increased in the budget. If the BJP is successful in redemption, then it can achieve long mileage in the next general elections next year.
Where is the cost?
After a 12 percent increase over last year, the full budget of the Ministry of Health has reached Rs 56,226 crore. The National Health Policy had said that in 2017, the expenditure on health was to bring 2.5 percent of GDP, Ayaushman Bharat but this goal is still visible as only 1.2 percent of GDP has got the health sector.